Thursday, January 21, 2016

Resist the urge to start

I'm still here! I was fighting an upper resp infection last week and stitching this week so I'm working away. I did some filigree on the top of the Hogwarts crest last week. 

After that I rotated back in Sleeping Beauty. I started what I thought was the upper left corner, but things started not lining up. On closer inspection it was the bottom right corner. Thankfully the flowers are all similar on all four corner so minimal frogging was required to set it right. 

Now I'll be getting back to Celtic Spring. I had run out of one or two colours but I made a small Michael's run on the weekend and am ready to get some good progress made. This is my starting point. 

I'm also working on the Heaven and Earth Designs challenge, I've almost got 5 blocks done, I'll post a pic once they're actually done. 

I was so hoping to save some money this month but no. Mira fans out there will know that new designs come out every month on the 15th. I've been thankful that the past couple haven't been my style but they put out two new Bewitching Pixies this month and I just had to order the charts and bead packs. 

Next time I think I will start to show some of my fabric stash. I made a list of my current fabrics this afternoon. Several of them were bought with specific projects in mind but I have a few that are just part of my beginners stash. 

All I want to do right now is start Raven Queen from Mira but I'm trying to be good and wait until I have one of my current wips closer to being finished. 

Time to deal with my tantruming 3-year old. Til next time
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment